Coastal Confessions does not accept payment to conduct any product review. However, we may earn a commission on purchases made through links on this site.
A Smoked Whiskey Cocktail is a must for any recipe book. We highly recommend this cocktail for a cold Winter night or just relaxing with friends.
This unique recipe is courtesy of Bryan Schneider, beverage director, Quality Meats, New York City
The Lapsang Souchong Tea lends a rustic smoky flavor and the orange marmalade gives the Smoked Whiskey Cocktail a smooth honey-like texture.
Use a smoky, single malt Scotch for a truly intense experience.
Here are some favorites recommended by Wine Enthusiast for their smoky taste.
- Big Peat Islay Blended Malt Scotch Whisky: Look for a huge rush of peat smoke and a bitter chocolate finish in this Scotch blended from “a shovelful” of Islay single malts, including Ardbeg, Caol Ila, Bowmore and Port Ellen.
- Connemara Peated Single Malt Original Irish Whiskey: One of the most intense, peaty Irish single malts, this sipper leads with smooth vanilla sweetness and an elongated, smoldering exit.
- Laphroaig 10 Year Old Islay Single Malt Scotch Whisky: Islay’s Laphroaig is famed for its intense, peaty profile. There’s plenty of peat on the nose and palate, backed by olive brine, espresso and peppery spice.
- Ranger Creek Rimfire Mesquite Smoked Texas Single Malt Whiskey: This Texas-made single malt is Schneider’s choice. This whiskey is lavishly smoked with mesquite instead of Scottish peat, and adds an almost bacon-and-barbecue effect.
- Swift Single Malt Texas Whiskey: Made in Texas from Scottish malted barley, expect a lightly charred, smoky note mingled with cocoa and toasty vanilla.
Smoked Whiskey Campfire Cocktail
The Lapsang Souchong Tea lends a rustic smoky flavor and the orange marmalade gives this drink a smooth honey-like texture.
2 ounces whiskey
1 ounce brewed Lapsang Souchong tea, cooled
2 tablespoons orange marmalade
½ ounce fresh lemon juice
Orange peel (for garnish)
- Combine ice, whiskey, tea, orange marmalade, lemon juice; shake well.
- Garnish with orange peel